Taylor Swift at the 2015 Brit Awards
American singer-songwriter and actress Taylor Swift has received 271 awards from 565 nominations. She is the recipient of 10 Grammy Awards, 19 American Music Awards, 22 Billboard Music Awards, 11 Country Music Association Awards, 8 Academy of Country Music Awards, 10 People's Choice Awards, and 25 Teen Choice Awards. She is also a seven-time winner of the Nashville Songwriters Association International Award for Songwriter/Artist of the Year. As a songwriter, she has been honored by the Songwriters Hall of Fame. Swift holds five records in the Guinness World Records book.
Swift signed a record deal with Big Machine Records in 2005 and released her eponymous debut album the following year, which was nominated for an Academy of Country Music Award. She then earned a Grammy Award for Best New Artist nomination. Her second album Fearless (2008) produced five singles, including "Love Story", "White Horse", and the MTV Video Music Award for Best Female Video-winning song "You Belong with Me". Swift was subsequently nominated for eight categories at the 52nd Grammy Awards, including three nominations for "You Belong With Me". Fearless became the most awarded country music album, and was named Album of the Year and Best Country Album with "White Horse" winning for Best Country Song and Best Female Country Vocal Performance. Fearless won several other accolades, including the American Music Country Award, Country Music Association, and Academy of Country Music Award for Album of the Year.
Swift was awarded the American Music Award for Artist of the Year in 2009. The following year, she was listed in Time 100, an annual list of the 100 most influential people. The same year saw the release of Speak Now (2010), an album which won Favorite Country Album at the American Music Awards of 2011. It also holds the record for Fastest Selling Digital Album by a Female Artist in Guinness World Records. One of Speak Now's singles "Mean" won two Grammy Awards. In late 2011, Swift contributed two original songs to The Hunger Games soundtrack album, including "Safe & Sound", which was awarded the Grammy Award for Best Song Written for Visual Media. Her fourth album Red (2012), which spawned the successful singles "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" and "I Knew You Were Trouble", was nominated for the Juno Award and Grammy Award for Album of the Year.
In 2014, Swift won the Billboard Music Award for Woman of the Year for the second time after being honored in 2011. Her 2014 album—the pop-focused 1989—released the single "Shake It Off", which was the nominee of three awards at the 57th Annual Grammy Awards. Later in 2015, the IFPI Global Recording Artist Award presented her the Global Recording Artist award, and the Billboard Music Awards declared her the recipient of eight accolades. At the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards, Swift won four awards, including Video of the Year for "Bad Blood". As part of the 64th annual BMI Pop Awards, Swift was honored with the Taylor Swift Award. This is the second time BMI has given an award in someone’s name; the only time before was in 1990 for Michael Jackson.
For the complete list of her awards and nominations, see this page on Wikipedia.
These are the special awards that were given to Taylor Swift. Awards in which no other artists were nominated. She received a total of 35.
- Emmy Award for Original Interactive Program (AMEX Unstaged: Taylor Swift Experience)
- 5 Guinness Book of World Records entries
- Fastest Selling Digital Album by a Female Artist (Speak Now)
- Most Simultaneous U.S. Hot 100 Hits by a Female Artist (11)
- First Solo Female with Two Million-Selling Weeks on the U.S. Albums Chart (Speak Now, Red)
- Fastest Selling Single in Digital History (We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together)
- Most Million-Selling Weeks on the U.S. Albums Chart with Three Consecutive Albums (Speak Now, Red, 1989)
- NSAI Songwriter/Artist of the Year (2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015)
- BMI President's Award
- Crystal Milestone Award
- 2009 & 2013 International Artist Achievement Award
- HAL David Starlight Award
- 2010 NARM Artist of the Year
- 2011 & 2014 Billboard Woman of the Year
- Harmony Award
- Jim Reeves International Award
- 2011 Teen Choice Awards' Ultimate Choice
- Big Help Award
- 2012 BMA Woman of the Year
- CCMA Generation Award
- Ripple Of Hope Gala Award
- Pinnacle Award
- 2013 Worldwide Artist of the Year
- Dick Clark Award for Excellence
- IFPI Global Recording Artist of 2014
- 2015 ELLE's Woman of the Year
- ACM's 50th Anniversary Milestone Award
- The Taylor Swift Award